Friday 10 February 2012

Guitar Update Number Two

The guitar has entered the construction phase. Wednesday evening was spent in the company of Mr. Thomas Handley, who is responsible for any sawing, drilling and routing required for the project. I won't go into details now, but behold the image below! Six rotary potentiometers, happily mounted on a bespoke transparent secondary scratch-plate, successfully wired to the main circuit board, with a superfluous red LED thrown in for good measure. I have realised today that wiring this monstrosity is going to be an horrendous task; the confined space and my total lack of soldering ability are conspiring against me. And yet wires can be squashed, and solder can be poked at random until it forms the desired shape, so perhaps I will prevail. Here's the photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment