Thursday 5 January 2012

A Journey of 1,000 Miles Must Begin With an Easily Navigable Menu System

Nothing intrinsically musical to report on, I'm afraid. However, I have worked out how to wire up the LCD display that I'm going to install in the hollowed-out guitar that was seen in an earlier post. This will be twinned with a tiny joystick to allow for adjustments of the guitar's electronic innards.



Technical Stuff: The display requires 7 inputs. I've used a shift register so that I only need to take up three of the Arduino's outputs. Thanks to the Arduino Playground site for the code and schematics.


Other things I'm working on and may share in the coming weeks:

  • Controlling the Gakken SX-150 analogue synth via the Arduino
  • MIDI interface for Android phones/tablets
  • Colour-sensitive webcam-based MIDI controller for Windows
  • More details on THE GUITAR

No comments:

Post a Comment